Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:36:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gsutter@pobox.com
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hotmail

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>According to Sue Blake:
>> abuse@hotmail.com does produce some result these days. If I'm mistaken,
>> someone please correct me.
>I've recently got a couple kills too from them so it seems that they're
>improving. The main problem is spammers that forge an hotmail.com From:
>address. It is difficult to filter these...

If you use procmail, this should do the trick.

# AOL, Hotmail, Juno, USA forged From: headers.  Note the space at the
# end of the last line.
:0
* ^From:.*@\/((hotmail|juno|aol).com|usa.net)
* ! ^(Received|Message-Id):.*(((hotmail|juno|aol).com|usa.net) )
{ JFEXP="$JFSEC: Forged From: header from $MATCH" }

Insert your own action line where mine is, of course, unless you run
<http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/junkfilter/>.

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."