Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:08:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dev Chanchani <dev@trifecta.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDi --> FreeBSD

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > Please help!  I'm trying to replace my current BSDi 2.0.1 server <isot.com
> > 206.24.68.1> with FreeBSD 2.1.
>
> Please use FreeBSD 2.1.5, 2.1 is outdated and has been supersedded by this
> new release.

I have been waiting to upgrade 2.1 -> 2.1.5, however, when the new
release came out, many people were having problems. Is it safe to do a
make world on a running system safely? Also, do you need to backup
configuration files or such, or is your system safe as is. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Dev Chanchani <dev@trifecta.com>
Trifecta Interactive <http://www.interactive.trifecta.com>;