Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:11:50 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trapping memory

Greetings,

Is there some way to trap or detect when some other program is trying to
read memory used by another program?

For example, I have an encryption/decryption daemon that holds its key in
memory.  I have been told that there is really no way to protect the memory
used by the daemon in the case of a root compromise.  However, if I could
somehow detect another program trying to access my daemon's memory space,
then I could have the daemon dump the key and shutdown.

Thanks,
Matthew