Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:02:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD playback

Just upgraded to xine 0.3.6 and it works much, much better now. Most disks
now can generate a playlist when you hit the 'dvd' button, and can
now seamlessly play the playlist rather than simply playing the .VOB
files.

Some disks seemingly cannot, however. The symptom is that attempting to
select something out of the playlist shows 'error in PCGI' on stdout.
Those disks can't even do the dvd://tncntn syntax.

Now what we need is the 'menu' button / state machine system!

Oh.. And multi-angle disks don't work either.... And coincidently, most of my
non-encrypted disks have quite a bit of multi-angle content (once again,
I must reiterate that throughout history pr0n has always been the leader
in the technology of the day. :-) ).