Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 23:46:04 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "James Halstead" <halstead@dreamscape.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org, Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux emu question

> I noticed some people talking about the linux emulation and how good/bad it
> can be and I just wondered, does anybody here have any experiences with the
> vmware for linux software? I have been thinking of buying this, for those
> one or two windows programs that I need to use now and then.

To add to the other responses....

I run OpenBSD-current under VMware2 (on my FreeBSD-current laptop)
and also run NT4 when I need to read lotus scrotes mail at work.
It's very stable (bar the recent module changes which are probably
now fixed with the latest vmware2/Makefile update).

Mark Knight (cc'd) runs FreeBSD-current in a vmware2 box under NT
very successfully up until about a week ago (he's having some nasty
panics with currents built within the last week).

Julian Elischer runs FreeBSD-current under vmware? on a
FreeBSD-current box with no complaints afaik.

> Just wondering,

It's worth the $99 in my book !

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>