Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 09:06:32 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Peter van Heusden <pvh@egenetics.com>
To:        gross@clones.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem seeing old 4.0-C filesystems from 4.0-R boot floppy

On Thu, 25 May 2000 gross@clones.com wrote:

> Did you try to remake all devices by cd'ing to /dev and doing
>
> ./MAKEDEV all   (?)

Yes. MAKEDEV is in /mnt2/dev - i.e. it is part of the Fixit floppy - but
its paths were wrong (e.g. referring to /sbin/mknod, instead of
/stand/mknod), so I needed to hack it a bit.

Looking at various kernel messages, and looking at what has changed over
the past year, I think the problem is that my IDE disk uses bad144 - this
is no longer supported, and might be causing problems. I'm going to boot
off 3.4 boot floppies and see if I can see my filesystems.

Peter
--
Peter van Heusden				pvh@egenetics.com
Electric Genetics