Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:13:55 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Going small

This is a follow up to my way off-topic rant about the guy down the
street.  :-)
Forgot to calculate for cable loss, pig-tails, removel of old ant.,
etc....but even with this factored in this guy is still way over the
legal limits.
this link should clear up everything I was talking about:
http://www.ydi.com/deployinfo/wp-decibels.php?screen=print

oh...btw the 300m range I quoted is real world at 11mb.
I'm going 183m from the inside of one building to a stock Linksys WET11
point on the outside of another building with a heavy tree line on one
side (plus a few braches in the way) and only one of its ant. directly
pointed at it, the other is halfway pointed at another spot about 125m
away from the WET11 and 33m away from the WAP11, giving it a coverage
area of about 90 degrees.