Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:57:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        kirk@strauser.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, jhb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wi0 is always status: no carrier

In message: <200506012054.49857.kirk@strauser.com>
            Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> writes:
: On Wednesday 01 June 2005 10:07 am, John Baldwin wrote:
:
: > I see.  It's because your PIR lists 10 as the only IRQ that it does this.
: > You can override the IRQ with a hint at least using 1.117 of pci_pir.c.
: > Try setting 'hw.pci.link.0x22.irq=11' in the loader to force the IRQ to 11
: > to see if that works.
:
: THAT DID IT!
:
: John, Warner, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me get my
: little laptop working.  I know you're both busy, and my hardware was *far*
: from mainstream, yet you both took my cry for help seriously and walked me
: through the hard parts.

We should document this in the pci man page. :-0

Warner