Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:22:43 +0000
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Get some of Bill's $$, LOL ??

At 17:11 08/12/2003 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>I think that the UCB Regents recently changed the terms of the license to
>delete the advertising clause.  IIRC, the Stallmanites decried the single
>sentence requirement of the 200 word license as too draconian for them.

   I don't think anyone said it was draconian; merely that it was
GPL-incompatible.  And they're not using BSD TCP/IP code any more; just
some userland code (eg, ftp).

>Everybody else would have laughed at your message but you had "$$" in your
>subject header so you probably got spaminated.  I thought, "Holy Crap,
>Make Money Fast is still doing the rounds?" :/

   I thought "is that Microsoft-is-testing-email-propagation chain letter
still going around?" -- until I recognized the sender as someone who had
been around for far too long to fall for that.

Colin Percival