Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:22:49 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        Wm Brian McCane <root@mccons.maxbaud.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible spammers with a virus

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 03:55:07PM -0500, Wm Brian McCane thus sprach:
> Okay, this might sound odd, but I just got a bunch of virusalerts from
> amavis-perl.  None of the people that the messages are from have EVER sent
> me email that I know of, nor have I corresponded with them.  Is it
> possible that these are spammers that got hit with SirCAM and sent to
> everyone in their mailing lists?

The way I understand SirCAM is that it picks random names and
subject lines from an infected machine and then starts the whole
process anew on the next machine.  That's makes in unpredictable as
to who will get, and there is no common subject line either.

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com