Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 04:15:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@MLINK.NET>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
Cc:        mariusz <mariusz@kam.pl>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh2 & class in login.conf not work ?

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Matthew Hunt wrote:

[...]

: The patches aren't to make it use login(1), but rather to honor
: the settings in login.conf (e.g. resource limits).  AFAIK, this should
: happen automatically, but I don't usee ssh2, so I don't know for sure.

You are totally correct, this was an error on my part. Can I blame it on
lack of sleep? SSH2 from ports does honour the login.conf caps.. I would
assume at that point that the person who started this thread might have
forgotten to do "cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf"

: If you're using ssh2 from ports, and login.conf is not having any
: effect, perhaps you should contact the maintainer of the port,
: issei@jp.FreeBSD.org.
:
: Matt
:
: --
: Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
: http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey

Matt (two matt's, on the same thread, heh)

--
matt@AIC-GW.MLINK.NET