Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:34:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@think.com>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYN Resisting (fwd)

Quoth Darren Reed on Thu, 12 September:
:
: > I haven't seen that kind of connect time in a long, long while on the net
: > backbones... but then again, I may be better connected here than most.
:
: I heard someone mention 25% packet loss on an Australia-USA line (packets were
: being dropped in the USA).
:
Hah, I've seen MCI drop 66% at WillowSprings for hours at a time,
and Sprint drop 50% at MAE-East for similarly protracted times.
It's like tin-cans on yo-yo strings out there.