Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:01:52 +0300
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@cell.sick.ru>
To:        Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir <blacksir@number.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_netflow: testers are welcome

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:46:44AM +0300, Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir wrote:
V> > I'd be glad if you show me your current netgraph setup script. Surely
V> > I can reproduce it myself, but live example would be better than
V> > imaginary.
V>
V> Here it is(latest version - 'echotee'):

Thanks for netgraph setup script. Could you please also send important parts
of your firewall config, where packets are diverted towards netgraph?
It is important to divert only _incoming_ traffic on _particular_ interface,
otherwise netflow exports will contain some incorrect data.

V> This config assumes that packets needed to catch via ng_netflow is simply
V> diverted by ipfw rule:
V> divert 8888 ip from any to any in - or something like that
V> Seems everything works fine! (I'm using ipfw2 in 4.9) Packets going throught
V> divert and reinjected in ipfw ;-)
V> but I've not tested this in production yet...

And also it is important to check that ng_ksocket reinjects packet
into the ipfw with rule number set (see Julian's mail).

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE