Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/37018: nl_langinfo(3) "first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6"

The following reply was made to PR docs/37018; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
To: Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:26:36 +0000

 Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au> wrote:
 > The HISTORY section of nl_langinfo(3) says:
 >
 > HISTORY
 >      The nl_langinfo() function first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6.
 >
 > >Fix:
 > There seems to be confusion about whether the funtion first appeared in
 > FreeBSD 4.4 or FreeBSD 5.0 (see cvs log). Seeing as how this is -STABLE,
 > it should be "first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4".

 Why 4.4?  -STABLE is currently 4.5, so did you mean that?  Either way,
 the version numbers after "FreeBSD" in manual pages are assumed to be
 release versions, and this function was not present in the last
 release (4.5); hence it appeared (will appear) in 4.6.

 -CURRENT said it appeared in 5.0 until a few minutes ago (i.e., I just
 fixed it).