Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:14:22 +0100 (IST)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@iol.ie>
To:        Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Can I install FreeBSD on a laptop without PAO

On 17-Aug-99 Alex Kwan wrote:
> Hi!

        That 1. is 2 questions :)

> 1. Can I install Freebsd 3.2 on a laptop
> without PAO?

        Yes, PAO will support more hardware than 3.2 but 3.2 works just
fine on  my laptop (PC cards, apm, sound, X11 (with full res and
colours), CDROM and all the rest - OK I think the USB works but I
haven't got anything to plug into it anyway).

> and will the PC card controller
> supported by the original Freebsd 3.2?

        Probably (it depends on the controller). It is certainly worth
trying 3.2 or -stable.

E-Mail: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@iol.ie>