Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 1996 10:03:18 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   siguing into current from a random version

I've come into FreeBSD after 2+ years tracking NetBSD. I'm still a bit
confused about some procedures.

NetBSD has a summary of CVS changes and a rolling README of current state
changes similar to RLOG lines from RCS. Does FreeBSD have this kind of
summary of changes under CVS? The individual CVS update reports are vital
for some people, but for passive drones like me, less useful than something
like a ChangeLog which is append-grown.

The re-sync to current process is not clear. NetBSD ususally had an indication
from known people when re-sync was vital, and irregular checkpoint tarsets
existed for people who were nervous of the in-place libc.so upgrade etc etc.

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  connect.com.au pty/ltd
Email: ggm@connect.com.au |  c/o AAPT,