Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:01:37 +0100
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thin mutt fonts

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 10:36:25AM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Dec 31), Hanspeter Roth said:
> > I get all bold fonts in mutt. (This is quite ugly to me.) (I have a
> > light background.) Can configure mutt to use normal (thin) font?
>
> That's up to your xterm.  I don't know if there's a setting to display
> bold characters as bright colors instead of thick lines.

It seems that xterm belongs to XFree86-4.1.0_6. But I failed to
configure the X version 4 server. So I'm running an old one.

I have set:

*VT100*colorBDMode: on
*VT100*colorBD: darkblue

This displays bold characters darkblue in `man' but still bold.

> > Can I make it to use ncurses instead of slang?
>
> Build from /usr/ports/mail/mutt (or better yet, mutt-devel).  If you
> build from source it will use ncurses from the base system.  For some
> reason, the package is built to require slang.

Indeed. Building the port omits libslang.
This displays nonbright colors in the thin font.
Thank you.

-Hanspeter