Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:41:51 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Howard Lew <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>
Cc:        Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>, Mike Burgett <mburgett@cmnsens.zoom.com>, "hardware@freebsd.org" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: K6-200 Has anyone successfully done a 'make world' ?

> 2) I have ran a K6-200 as a FreeBSD box and it does run fine, but I am
> not the type who does make worlds so I can't tell you if it really/really

Yikes!  Then you really haven't tested it and we don't know if this
config is just as bad as the others, simply undetected yet.

> Anyway my configuration responses.  Anyone want to keep a record of them
> all?

It would be nicer if we could post a final checkmark next to this
which says: "Works with FreeBSD, Y/N: ", otherwise I can't much see
much point at all in this exercise - all you're going to wind up as
a set of configs with no idea as to which work and which don't.

Again, I wouldn't NOT check off any box as "working" until it has
passed at least 3 consecutive make worlds.  David has gotten the
K6/166 we got to replace thud to do an occasional make world, but
"occasional" is the operative word here and we certainly consider that
configuration to be highly defective as a result.

					Jordan