Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:40:02 -0600
From:      Zapper <zapper@idsmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp

Hi,

  I'm almost positive this is not the correct mailing list for this
question, so if it isn't will someone kindly point me in the right
direction.  Since I started getting this Warning after I upgraded from
2.2.7 to 3.0 I'll ask here first.
 I keep getting the following warning and I am at a loss as what to do
to correct it ...

Dec 23 20:45:47 zapper ppp[228]: Warning: Unrecognized CBCP packet (code
5, length 4)

  I'm actually using ppp.conf for my dial-up.  I get disconnected after
receiving this message.  I don't know if it's a bad string from my isp
or if it's an exploit but I do know that it only started since my
upgrade to 3.0 Current.

Thanks

Zapper