Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:53:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vaclav Musil <ra@kn.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: For those with P4 SMP problems..

On 18-Sep-2002 Vaclav Musil wrote:
> Hi,
> there are information as you requested.
> Hardware was Intel SE7500CW2, system 4.5-RELEASE-p8 with non-SMP kernel.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Vasek Musil

Well, I've gotten several of these now, and everyone with this problem
seems to have the same exact machine.  Someone else said that a slightly
different model machine didn't have this problem.  The only difference
I have noted in the various acpidump's is that at least one person had
the Hyperthreading disabled in the BIOS since the two HT CPU's (APIC ID's
of 1 and 7) were disabled (see the FLAGS item for the Local APIC entries).
As far as I can tell, the mptable and acpidump output is ok, so I don't
know what is up with this specific machine.

Does anyonen have this issue on a machine which is not an Intel
SE7500CW2?