Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:11:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        hohmuth@innocent.com (Michael Hohmuth)
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beta 0.70 (ii)

> I always get this message a few seconds after I kill `idsnd':

You shouldn't kill isdnd. Why are you doing this? To disallow calls,
simply ifconfig down the interface, to enable them again ifconfig up
it again.

(I even have a daemon doing this, on request of Win32 clients via network. It
keeps an interface ifconfig'd up as long as at least one clients requests
this. The client is a very tiny program that issues a request, launches
another process (browser etc.) and waits for that process to die. Then it
revokes its request and the daemon drops the interface down.)

> Are you sure this is an error?

No, its normal. After killing isdnd, the ISDN subsystem is not working
any more, so a persistent deactivation is OK. It becomes live again when
you restart isdnd.

The "State = F3 Deactivated" is OK even during normal operation, but if
you see "persistent deactivation" while your ISDN subsystem is at work
something is realy wrong.

Martin