Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2019 17:37:28 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using kqueue with aio_read/write

On 02/01/2019 15:59, Alan Somers wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 5:53 AM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:

>>> Are you sure you bzero()ed your aiocb before initializing it?  Any
>>> stack garbage that was present in its
>>> aio_sigevent.sigev_notify_kevent_flags field will be dutifully copied
>>> into the returned kevent.  And in any case, the definitive way to get
>>> the final status of a completed aio operation is with aio_return.
>> That seems to help in getting things clear...
>>
>>      -13> 2019-01-02 13:32:31.834 dc15a80  1 bdev:327 paio
>> get_next_completed processing event i = 0 aio_return(22) (22) Invalid
>> argument
>>
>> Disadvantage is that it is not clear yet which of the many arguments
>> that is?
>>
>> --WjW
> It could be failing for any reason that read(2) can fail.  Or, the
> iocb might not be complete.  aio_error(2) would tell you.  One common
> problem is if you allocate the iocb on the stack and accidentally move
> it after calling aio_read().  That's bitten me before.

Well the main part that is biting here, is that it sort of has to be
compatible with what
Sage ea. have cooked up to manage the iov/iocb/aiocbĀ  stuff.
And I need to do it with keeping the Linux code working as well.

And the real mess was to sort out get the correct pointer into the
aio_write() and
find it back in get_next_event() to finish that.
But it looks like I've sorted that part now. Get_next_event() actually
now finds the
correct aiocb. and I can aio_return() without errors.

Now the next trick is going to take it of the list off outstanding aio's
in the ceph-list.
That still asserts somewhere.

But slowly getting there. Just running my head into a wall at some times.

--WjW