Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 17:12:13 +0200
From:      Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle8...

HIYA

I think to get a native FreeBSD port of the gnu c libraries (glibc) whould
be one step closer to geting solfed this LINUX vs FreeBSD prob.

Just think about that every software product (incliding Oracle8) needs glibc
2.0.x. As we can see - just having a good linux emulator whouldnt finally
solf the whole problem.

At least look at what caldera did they introduced their Lizard installation
system developed in association with trolltech (the one who developed the qt
libray/toolkit). What I want to say with that is that we need more than just a
'rockstable' operating system.

Yea and finally all about creating ur own powerfull brand which cause big
software firms to even support FreeBSD as a platform for their software
products.

- Daniel Haischt -

Am Fr , 14 Mai 1999 schrieben Sie: