Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:14:51 -0500
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD?  :-)

On Jun 06, 1997 at 08:18:58PM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Stefan `Sec` Zehl:
> > did you try "ttyctl -f" ?
>
> RTFM time I guess. Thanks, I'm glad they've finally added this to zsh.
>
> Now if only %{...%} would work inside PS1 (see my other message), I'd
> almost ready to switch (sorry, been using tcsh since 5.08 in '88 so I am
> very careful :-))

Heh.  You're not the only one - I've been using tcsh almost as long.  I
really like some features of zsh (multiline-editing?) and hate some features
of tcsh (I _really_ want to say "2>/dev/null") but...

I use the alias features of tcsh heavily, especially the "!*" construct, and
don't want to give that up.  Does zsh support command substitution in
aliasing?
--
Jonathan