Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:07:54 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, Serge Vakulenko <vak@cronyx.ru>, mike@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, julian@FreeBSD.org, archie@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/11238, kern/14848, kern/21771, sppp patch's patch_id #1

As Roman Kurakin wrote:

>     This is the first patch of set of patches that I plan to make. These
> patches ware send several
> times as a big patch and last one wasn't even discussed. So I will try
> to send them by small
> pieces and will try to comment them.

One problem i've got with all sppp patches right now is that there's
one long overdue task on my plate: merging back the ISDN4BSD sppp
changes into the main sppp code.  By that way, i'd also like to
consider the NetBSD changes.  Both offspring drivers have done a lot
of bugfixing as well.

The sad point is that i can't promise any timeline for this.  Also,
this cannot be done in a single patch, since that would be a rather
large one, but it needs to be pulled piecewise (from the i4b CVS
archives, and from the NetBSD CVS archives), to remain at least
somewhat transparent to the innocent observer.

But by all means, if someone cares to do it, i'm willing to get those
PRs assigned to me.