Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 07:02:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>
To:        robert@chalmers.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual domains?

Yes.  This has traditionally been accomplished by assigning multiple
IP addresses to an interface, something that FreeBSD has been able to
do for some time (since 1.1.5?).  Web servers can be configured to
return different page heirarchies depending on the address at which
they were addressed.

This may not be as important a feature any more as the latest Apache
release (1.1.1) no longer needs it to support virtual hosts, see
http://www.apache.org/, and other web servers (are there any? :-) will
undoubtedly adopt similar functionality.

Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>