Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:21:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        David Lowe <dlowe@sirius.com>
Cc:        Victor Sudakov <vas@vas.tomsk.su>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bulk mailer

> At any rate, it's not my decision.  Just thought I would state the
> intention of the (poorly named) software in question.

Whoa!  Call me slow, but I just twigged to what Victor was referring
to here (I did not equate "bulk_mailer" with "a bulk mailer" for some
reason).  I have to back up David on this one and say that bulk_mailer
is just a tool, one which probably predated the usage of "spam" to
mean anything but Hormel's popular potted pork product, and one
indispensible to anyone trying to run a large (legitimate) mailing
list.

Frankly, I'd just as soon see sendmail removed as "a spammer's tool"
before I'd see bulk_mailer removed for the same precedent - it's just
a bogus thing to do.

					Jordan