Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:30:39 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DPT SmartRAID V, VI, Adaptec SCSI RAID driver committed

I've just committed a driver for the abovementioned RAID adapter families
provided by DPT/Adaptec and the long-suffering Mark Salyzyn.  The driver
will be maintained by Adaptec, with a little help from yours truly if
really necessary.

With any luck, we should see the complete set of management tools
available from Adaptec shortly to complement this driver, and I'll be
backporting to -stable once I'm certain I haven't broken anything with
this commit, since the driver's already had a long shakedown period.

Thanks to Adaptec, Mark Salyzyn and Justin Gibbs for again being the right
person in the right place at the right time.