Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:56:12 +1100
From:      Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, William Allen Simpson <william.allen.simpson@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: TCP resident expert?

[trimming freebsd-current@ and moving to more canonical freebsd-net@]

On 01/16/11 23:15, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>
>> Who's the kernel expert on TCP around here?  ISC wants me to port
>> TCPCT to FreeBSD.  Although I've joined this list (some time ago),
>> I've not seen any traffic discussing TCP'ish things.  Need somebody
>> willing to walk me through the processes and check my code.
>
> I don't think there's any single "the" expert -- rather, work on TCP is
> distributed over a number of developers who take various interests in
> the topic.  At the risk of pointing fingers:
>
> Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@> has recently been involved in pluggable
> congestion control, new congestion control algorithms, TCP tracing, and
> various other things, and has been among our most active hands in TCP
> for the last year especially.  He might be the best first port of call
> because of this recent activity.

I've been loosely following Bill's work on TCPCT since early last year
and although I have an interest in it, I've had no spare cycles to
contribute anything concrete to the discussion, specification or
implementation effort.

I'd be happy to eyeball patches but it would be good to get others
involved as well if possible - I'm stretched too thin to be reliably
useful at the moment and for the foreseeable future. Andre would
definitely be a good reviewer for this work. Others of course welcome.

Cheers,
Lawrence