Date:      Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:00:01 +0100
From:      Mark Nowiasz <buckaroo@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyboard problems (was: update)

I've got the same problem:

xprop -root | grep XKB

_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "de", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xorg", "pc105", "de", "", ""

gconftool-2 -R ...:

 layouts = [de]
 model = pc105
 overrideSettings = false
 options = [grp grp:alts_toggle]

I've temporarily fixed the problem by adding the german keymap to
xorg.conf, nevertheless everytime I'm logging in I've got an error
message.

Oh, BTW, xscreensaver doesn't start at startup anymore - I had to add it
to the session (xscreensaver -nosplash).

Does anyone have a solution for the broken xkb thing?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
--
It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
		-- Texas State Law