Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:31:35 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TekRam DC-390 SCSI controllers - any ideas what chipset?

On Aug 6, "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@glue.umd.edu> wrote:
> My Tekram DC-390F uses the NCR/Symbios 53c875 chip.  It provides an
> internal 50 pin narrow bus, an internal 68 pin ultra-wide pus, and an
> external 68 pin ultra-wide bus.  As I undertand it any 2 of the three
> busses may have drives attached.  Mine has worked fine for me, however I
> haven't been able to verify ultra-wide operation under 2.2.2 (from CD)
> since kernels built from CD source don't seem to support the 40 Mbyte/sec
> rate (20 Mbyte/sec does work)  I am told however that the latest 2.2.2 cvs
> branch (is that STABLE or RELEASE?) and the current branch both do
> ultra-wide transfers.

No, only current does, right now. I can provide anybody
who can't way for Ultra-SCSI support to be merged into
the -stable branch with a patch file, that brings the
2.2 driver to the -current level of features. If you
want to receive that patch, send mail, and I'll either
send you a diff file or place it on some FTP site ...

If you can wait for one or two more weeks, then just
watch the commit mail or CVSup logs for signs of the
patch having been committed :)

Regards, STefan