Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:39:26 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@opt.phys.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        Doc Team <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Status of DocBook migration (Japanese version)

On Sat, Apr 04, 1998 at 02:23:45PM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:
>   % sh 2docbook-ja.sh
>
>   I got warning message
> "nsgmls:/usr/local/share/sgml/linuxdoc/catalog:8:0:W: DTDDECL catalog
> entries are not supported", but ignore it.

You've got an SGML_CATALOG_FILES variable set that lists that catalog file.

The warning message is harmless.

> 3. Reindent by XEmacs
>   XEmacs with Mule feature cannot auto-recognize Japanese character code
> set (why?). So I use "C-u C-x C-f handbook-db.sgml<CR>euc-jp<CR>" to
> load file.

I don't know what the problem is, but you should be able to add some Emacs
local variables to the file to automatically set the mode and so on. I'm
going to do this to the English version when I split it out into multiple
files (which I won't do until I've done all the replacements).

    <URL:http://www.xemacs.org/faq/xemacs-faq.html#internationalization>;

doesn't offer much advice. It does list xemacs-beta@xemacs.org as being
the address to contact if people can provide help with Mule, and I imagine
this is the sort of project that will stretch it.

> 5. Automatic change for removing <para></para>
>   Generated source includes "<para> *</para>" in some places.  So I

I noticed this as I was going through marking up filename. There'll be
another pass at some point, and this time para.pl will fix those up as
well.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?