Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:49:23 -0700
From:      Dolgan <dolgan2k@home.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome compliance?

More information.

It seems that whenever Netscape crashes (every time I use it), and then when
I do ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X (if I kill Netscape, then it kills X and
renders it unrestartable until next reboot - no idea why), it core dumps etc
etc.

But here's the killer. When I go back into X after that, Gnome works fine.
Netscape still doesn't. But Gnome works fine. So does sawfish.

Here I say, W T F ?

What IS this? Something to do with Netscape, X, and Sawfish...

I wish I wasn't so inexperienced. Any help on this greatly appreciated.

The problem, once again, is that Gnome is really slow and doesn't think
sawfish is wm-compliant until Netscape core dumps.

--
Dolgan
icq@14444322