Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:29:39 +0300
From:      "Alex Kushnaryov" <help@queen.health.kiev.ua>
To:        "Thomas Seidmann" <tseidmann@SIMULTAN.CH>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SOLVED: Re: smbmount under FreeBSD

> I've tested it since I've found a Win95 host at last. The problem is the
> NetBIOS name of the "server" machine (i.e. the one you connect to).
> Perhaps it is different from the DNS name. Anyway, specifying the -s
> switch followed by the correct NetBIOS name of the server machine should
> help you. It did here.

using of the switch "-s" haven't brings anything useful... :(

===
13:24 root@queen:~# shlight //help/c /mnt/help -s HELP
Password:
Kernel: smb_receive_raw: Invalid packet 0x83
Kernel: smb_receive: receive error: -5
Kernel: smb_proc_connect: Failed to send SESSION REQUEST.
error connecting to server: [5] Input/output error

C:\>net view
Servers available in workgroup AMBULANCE.
Server name            Remark
\\ADA                  Ada
\\ECONOMIST            Economist
\\HELP                 Alex "Help" Kushnaryov (w'98)
\\KARASEV              Karasev
\\MAIN
\\MCDUKE               McDuke Samba Server
\\QUEEN                Queen Samba Server (v.2.0.4b)
\\TATA                 NATA
\\USER                 USER
The command was completed successfully.
===

please, give me the full command line you've passed to shell while
testing...

--
Best regards, Alex "Help" Kushnaryov.   [icq#6127905]