Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 00:37:18 -0500
From:      Anthony Akens <akensaj@cs.purdue.edu>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Video Card

Hello,
        I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.1 on a system that has a
Diamond
Speedstar 64 ISA video card in it.  During the install process (for the
walnut creek CD - using either the install program or the boot floppy)
just after it says "booting kernel" the screen scrambles (the text is
very distorted).  When I tried installing with a different (VGA) video
card in it worked fine.  Is there any way to install FreeBSD with my
current video card?  My computer "specs" are below - if they are useful.
        Intel Pentium 133 processor
        ASUS Motherboard (Intel Chipset)
        Samsung 17Gli Monitor
        Samsung 8X CD-Rom
        Soundblaster 32 PnP
        Award Bios
        64 Mb RAM
        1.5GB Western Digital Hard drive, 600 Mb Seagate Hard drive
        Windows '95 is install on the 1.5 GB drive - I am trying to
install
FreeBSD on the 600 MB drive.

        Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
                Thanks,
                        Anthony Akens