Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   testing out firefox on amd64

Hello!

I'm trying to test my new firefox out (no automated self-tests appear
available) and, it seems, downloading extensions for it (through
Tools->Extensions->Get New Extensions) is the most "stressful".

Some of them work, but, for example Forecastfox (which is currently
among the most popular according to the Mozilla site) will reliably hang
firefox for me.

Starting with a non-existant ~/.mozilla the browser downloads the
extension fine and installs it. Then it needs to be restarted. On
restart it hangs (consuming consuming most of the CPU) after saying
"Downloading extension data source".

The linux-firefox has no obvious problems starting after that and the
extension works fine in it. Things work fine on FreeBSD/i386 too.

Is this something, the new patches I'm working on could've introduced,
or does this extension cause problems on amd64 with the current firefox
port too?

Thanks!

	-mi