Date:       1 Jun 99 18:29:32 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        bahwi <bahwi@technologist.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org, chat@bafug.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: [How to get members for user's groups?]]

Please note I've taken the liberty to CC to
advocacy and chat@bafug.org.

Okay, starting over, you'd like to get a User group
started in houston. =

First, of course, you'd like to get a place to meet.
Perhaps a pizza or burger place that is popular.
You could start by posting (annoying) people =

that you are starting a user-group in houston and
will be at xyz place, others can join you for
chat and support.

Next, you should get a web site. Not an official
one, else you end up doing all the work. Do a
geocities website, then graduate when you have
a group.  =

Other people can tell you about who (MFG,schools,etc.)
is in your area and can help. I added BAFUG to the =

mailer, because it is held in San Francisco and
Berkeley, both close to cdrom.com, home of
many members of the FeeBSD core-team.

bahwi <bahwi@technologist.com> wrote:
> Houston area
> =

> > A good way to start is:
> > which area do you live in?

---
IN that context, it is the BSD that should be considered,
not the prefix.
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/cgi-bin/newsread?34858