Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:42:13 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        gnn@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:  A radical restructuring of IPsec...

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 11:25:37PM +0900, gnn@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> At Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:16:00 +0200,
> Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
[....]
> > I'm a little sorrowful to see KAME's work going to be forgotten, but
> > well, this is Darwin's law :-).
> >
> > BTW, a couple of years ago, I've tried KAME's snapshot against my
> > RELENG_4's tree.  There was a number of features that weren't in the
> > base system and I'm pretty sure this is still the case.  I can't
> > remember them all but one: NAT-PT (RFC2766) (IPv4<->IPv6
> > translation).  Do you have any idea what those features will become
> > in later days ?
>
> I am working with another person who is interested in that and who has
> patches, Yvan VANHULLEBUS, who also posts here.

I'm not sure my patch is directly related to what Jeremie is talking
about, but my NAT-T patchset (RFCS 3947 - 3948) should be quite easy
to port to the source code (with your patch), as the actual version
works with both IPSEC FAST_IPSEC (with some thanks to Manu from NetBSD
and to Larry Baird).

I'll try to generate quicly a new version for FreeBSD-HEAD as soon as
possible.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ