Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:27:21 +0300
From:      "Anonymous" <anonym@ic.kubsu.ru>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   picoBSD can ROM boot?

Greetings to all!

About a week ago i'm hear about picobsd project & he very interested me.
(who am i?-  i'm software engeneer from russian firm making deal about
process automation.) We have many embedded systems (most legacy) running DOS
(Octagon systems corp. PLC's) and this is not good.
I (&my company) starting pilot project to port PLCs to UNIX.
For beginning we are needing for answers to:
1. picoBSD can ROM boot? No need to run from ROM. Only start.
2.Is there support for network card with chip "SMC 91c92cf d". Im tring
driver NE2000  and it not working. For my sorry now we dont have a
replacement (8-bit ISA card).
3.I'm found flash card driver,  but not sure about its work on _internal_
flash. Did anybody trying it?

If project succeeded. FreeBSD will work in _very_ numerous systems in our
(rus) gas transporting corporations. (now mostly DOS, seldom QNX, but
FreeBSD is cheaper :-))

For about two weeks i don't have news. You may contact me only
nointplus@usa.net