Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:00:57 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Ignaz KOHLBECKER <ignaz@fujita3.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: pccardc

Nate Williams writes:
    > > pccardc: /dev/card0: Device not configured
    >
    > What does this mean?

    This means your PCCARD controller was not recognized.  Is this a
    CardBus machine?  What is the output of your kernel probes (dmesg
    output)?

Rats, my mistake.  I misread the error message in my last posting.

The other possible theory is that card0 is not configured into the
kernel you are using.  My impression was that you took care of that,
but it would be good to double check (by using -c at boot time, for
instance).