Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 2009 05:29:54 +0200
From:      Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   iwn(4) doesn't like hardware RF switches

Hi,

Is it just me, or does the iwn driver in -CURRENT not play well with
hardware RF switches on notebooks?  For me the only resemblence of an
event I see is when I switch off RF - the kernel sends a log to syslog.
  wpa_supplicant doesn't pick it up, and neither does devd.  The result
is that I can't keep wpa_supplicant running and let it reassociate when
I turn off/on, and neither can I start/stop wpa_supplicant from devd
when I turn on/off.

I guess I could leave the RF switch on and just bind a key shortcut in
Xorg to start/stop wpa_supplicant, but a standard approach would be
nice... :)

Thanks,
Aragon