Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:18:03 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        leegold <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: windowmaker

leegold wrote:

> yes, but the manual is in .ps format - i can't deal w/that format. pdf of
> html would be more accesable for me. why'd they do that?

The reason they did that, is because .ps is an old-time unix standard.
You can view in in Ghostview or gv, or print it out directly to any
postscript printer, or any unix printer with a postscript filter.

But you're correct in that an HTML format would be accessible by the
most people.

> elaborate please, i have been playing w/xvidtune, but i need more...

What exactly are you trying to configure? xvidtune is concerned solely
with X, screen resolutions, video timings, etc. It has nothing to do
with window managers.

> there's
> also a config file too of course.

Which is a bit obtuse until you figure it out. Which is why there's...

> WMPrefs - is it one of those 3
> icons by default on the upper right?

Yes it is. I believe on the default setup, it is the middle icon.

> played w/that. you into some straight
> 100 proof WM questions? I posted them on the WM mail list tonite.

If they're user-mode type questions, sure, send them to me (not to the
list). But make sure you have X up and running correctly first. I can't
help you with video card drivers or xf86config's. But straight WM
questions I can handle, like "what's an appicon?" (I don't know) or "how
do I how do I get that nifty transparent console down in the corner like
you do?" (easy).

David