Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:05:25 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>, Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>, 'Ryan Thompson' <ryan@sasknow.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Password security

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com> writes:
>
>>Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
>>
>>>1) Biometrics can't be used reliably for remote access.
>>
> Most fingerprint scanners don't even encrypt the data they send to the
> computer they're connected to.

Yeah. Unlike keyboards that habitually encrypt all data entered or keys
stroked before they send it to the computer they're connected to.

> The only biometric authentication system I trust (to some degree,
> anyway) is the human brain.

Whoa boy. Are you in trouble or what! <g,d&r>.

Look at it this way. This could have been a really nice planet. If it
weren't for all those inflated apes or homo emotici running around on it.

I like biometrics. For one thing, you can't forget them easily. But you
need to combine them with another gimmick like a password. Not another
biometric, mind <g>.

Roelof