Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:14:14 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        peter.lai@uconn.edu, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSH.com on FreeBSD

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, twig les wrote:

> I guess my confusion lies in my understanding that
> ssh.com's server was *not* free, thus would not ever
> be in the ports collection.  I cruised around the ssh
> ports and checked them out but I'm still a little
> shaky.  Am I wrong here?  SSH.com made their ssh
> server freely available?

To make it clear and simple: Yes, its free. Please make sure you still
read the whole license at: ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/LICENSE

Someone could patch the pkg-descr to include information on the licensing
so I wouldn't have to email about this every month. :)

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64