Date:      Wed, 01 May 2002 23:52:28 -0500
From:      dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
To:        FreeBSD-Emulation <emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Openoffice linux version

Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@dca.net> writes:

> In case anyone is interested,

There seem to be a few of us, yes. ;-)

> I was able to install the OO 1.0 for linux on my -stable system using
> linux_base 6.1 today.  I have seen several posts before about previous
> version working under linux_base-7 and so forth, but I have had zero luck
> with any of them until today (The install usually core dumped).

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but what changed?  Is
there a new OO installer available?  I seem to recall something about
weekly builds from the Codeweavers list, but I'm not keeping up with
that list too well, either.

> The install works flawlessly, no errors and OO works better than my
> StarOffice6 beta that I had installed, (It even opened several docs that
> SO6 had trouble with).  I look forward to a native version, but for the
> time being I can report that -stable can run OO 1.0.

Can you edit equations in Word?  Graphics?

Thanks for reporting your success.  I _really_ need something like
this to work--Word and PowerPoint are taking over around here, and my
little BSD habit (I can quit any time I want!) is coming to be viewed
as a problem.

Cheers,
Michael

--
    D. Michael McFarland
    Visiting Senior Research Scientist & Visiting Lecturer