Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:08:51 -0700
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@balsam.methow.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux install

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 10:46:53PM +0100, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Anyway, the install was terrible. Loads of stuff I had *no* interest
> in selected by default (like KDE and loads of other crappy window
> managers), which FreeBSD quite rightly puts in ports. Oh, it refused to
> have a swap partition bigger than 128MB as well, for some reason. Other

128MB is actualy the max size for a swap partition with the 2.0.x Linux
kernels.  Yes, very lame.  At least they fixed it in 2.2.x

--
--Travis

When it comes to violence, morality and the young, we're the Idiot Nation,
the laughingstock not only of the civilized world but of the highly-wired
generation of kids we're supposedly trying to protect.
		Jon Katz