Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 07:24:57 +0200
From:      bernd_muc@gmx.de
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: removing Turbochannel support for 5.0-current?

At 21:52 30.06.2002 +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 03:21:08PM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> >
> > Wilko Bulte writes:
> >  > Given that Turbochannel support and support for the machines that have
> >  > TC buses has been left to rot AND the machines that have TC are
> >  > about as fast as 486s running current:
> >
> > Well, they're a good deal faster than multias, and some masoc^H^H^H^H
> > people run -current on them ;)
>
>Realy? - I asked for Multia owners a while back and got no answer.

Well - I'm one of those masochists - actually it's not that bad ;-)

As it's a Multia I don't have much use for TC anyway - but getting the
PCMCIA stuff to work would help *a lot*!!!

So far, the little box recognizes that card is inserted, however it cannot
recognize the card - obviously because it cannot read the card's EEPROM
(see my earlier posting).

Has anyone some additional (device) hints so that FreeBSD knows where to
look for the information it needs?

Bernd