Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 09:21:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        xiyuan qian <xiyuan@www.haplink.co.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I redirect mail to other directory?

On Mon, 15 May 1995, xiyuan qian wrote:

> Hi, The original new mail reach my host all rested in /var/mail, located
> in / directory. Unfortunately, my / directory is not large enough to
> hold some large mail, usually make my host out of space or file full. I
> am trying many mathods to redirect the mail to other directory which has
> more space such as /usr/spool/mail, but all failed. If someone has such
> experices, would you please give me a favior. Thanks a lot.

mv /var/mail /var/omail
mkdir /usr/spool/mail
ln -s /usr/spool/mail /var/mail
mv /var/omail/* /var/mail

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com