Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:00:39 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Marco Molteni" <molter@logic.it>
Subject:   Re: what is a fair wage for a system administrator?

This is a touchy situation for me.  I also serve as a sysadmin on a part
time basis, and somehow got myself stuck with a very inadequate salary.

Basically, my best suggestion to you, is to evaluate what your time and
skills are worth and ask for a salary that adequately compensates you.  For
some, $10/hour would be fine.  Others may feel that they want as much as
$40/hour or more.

Good luck figuring it out,

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net

 ----