Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:31:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, Ian Grigg <iang@systemics.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Chan & Lee books"

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Nate Williams wrote:

# > # No Swing either, but there are *NO* good books on Swing, given that the
# > # final release was made about a month ago.
# >
# > Core Java Foundation Classes by Kim Topley, Prentice Hall, 1998,
# > ISBN 0130803014.
#
# This is the best of the three, but is out of date with respect to
# JDK1.2.

Granted all of them are out of date since it takes nearly a year
to write a good book and get it published.  However I wouldn't say
they weren't good (not perfect maybe), but as a reference they
provide a bit of good information.  Some will say nothing is ever
as good as the source and I got mine yesterday so I'm set. :)

-steve